Tuesday 16 March 2010

7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?






Before working on the preliminary task I already had detailed knowledge with using a DSLR camera, had simple knowledge on Adobe photoshop and had no knowledge at all with QwarkXpress. The task helped me to improve the knowledge I already had on these technologies and give me a basic knowledge on the programmes I had no experience with.



I was then able to develop my use of these technologies in a more sophisticated way, this was especially noticable in my use of photoshop, in which I primarily used image manipulation as a skin perfecting tool in the preliminary task but then developed the use of the editing software in the final piece. I achieved a variety of effects I hadn't known possible before and this helped to create the right mood for my genre of magazine.


In the preliminary task I found Qwark Xpress very difficult and frustrating, however I have now become much more comfortable with it and find it easy to import images and text and organise page layouts.






No comments:

Post a Comment