Monday 15 March 2010

4) Who would be the audience for your media product?


My magazine was aimed at aspirers, radicals and underachievers who have an enthusiastic interest in indie/folk music. I developed this genre through the research into indie-rock magazines and decided to put a twist on it. Rather than having a loud, rebellious image to them my target audience have a cool, mellow and intellectual demeanour.


I was aiming to reach students at college or university, however there would be some mature personalities in high school and therefore my target age range was 14-21 and a mix of male and female.



















An example of a typical reader of an indie-folk magazine.


I asked a couple of members of my target audience on what they thought of my magazine, and here are there responses;





Name: Jess Townsend


Age: 16


Gender: Female


Music: Indie




What genre would you say this magazine is?

"Hmm, initially i'd say folk but then you've got some reference to indie in there so i'm going to say indie-folk"



What do you think of the layout?

"Yeah I like it, on the front cover the model leaning to the left balances out the information on the right and the fact he isn't looking at the camera makes him look cool"


Is there anything you would change?

"Making the model face the camera might have grabbed my attention more, and the text boxes look a little bit plain just being white."



Would you buy it?

"Yeah i'd buy it, it looks well done and proffesional and it would interest me.



How much would you pay for it?


"Hmm, the way it's done makes it look expensive-ish.. i'd say about £2.20





Name: Josh Taylor


Age: 17

Gender: Male

Music: Rock/indie/alternative






What genre would you say this magazine is?

"Folk/country"



What do you think of the layout?

"Yeah it's good"



Is there anything you would change?

"I'm not too sure about the white boxes on the front cover, and you could add a couple more images to the double page."



Would you buy this magazine?


"Yeah it looks like it would have bands that i'd like in it"


How much would you pay for it?


"£1.50"




Name: Leah Dennison




Age: 17




Gender: Female




Music: Indie/ Alternative




What genre would you say this magazine is?


"Definately folk, bit of indie?"




What do you think of the layout?


"Yeah I think it's really good, I like the main image"




Are there any changes you would make to the magazine?


"Err, maybe put in a couple more pictures on the double page?"




Would you buy this magazine?


"Yeah, probably"




How much would you pay for it?


"£1.20"






































No comments:

Post a Comment