Monday 15 March 2010

6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?






Adobe photoshop Cs3

I was already familiar with this product prior to the task, however through this I have become much more comfortable using the programme and it's tools and have discovered aspects of it I didn't know about before. The reason I was already familiar with the product was through my previous use of it in my photography lessons. This proved difficult as I was use to setting my DSLR to take RAW files (which maximises image quality) however, the media rooms have photoshop Cs3 which doesn't accept RAW files and this resulted in a lot of time being wasted trying to convert the images.
Alongside my use of Adobe Photoshop, I also edited my pictures in Adobe Lightroom. Again, I was already very familiar with this product and I find this the easiest way to manipulate images.



QwarkXpress

At first, QwarkXpress looked very daunting. However, after some getting used to I found it easy to create my contents page and double page spread. The programme made it simple to include and organise pictures and text, and you don't have to worry about layers like you do with photoshop, but you must make sure your images are edited the way you want them before using them in Qwark as it is solely a programme for arranging items rather than an editing software.




















Facebook


Facebook has been very useful to gain feedback from target audiences on various aspects of my magazine. It has meant that fonts, colours and images have all been looked at by members of my target audience and has helped me come to conclusions on how to develop these features.










Youtube








Youtube has been very useful in showing evidence of my research into target audiences. I was able to video target audience members, asking their opinions on my magazine, and embed the videos into my blog.






Blogger



Blogger has been my online record of my coursework, detailing everything from my initial research, to rough drafts of my magazine, audience research and finally my final magazine. This was the only technology that was new to me when beginning this task, but it was easy to use. It was simple to include text and images and after being taught once, eventually easy to embed videos from Youtube.




Nikon DSLR Camera



I used my own camera for all the images I took in my magazine and so I already knew all the features of it and how to use it.




No comments:

Post a Comment