Wednesday 3 March 2010

1) How does your media product use, develop, or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?













My media product is similar to the current magazines shown above, which all present the genres rock and indie rock. Therefore I purposefully took inspiration from these magazines as I intended my magazine to present an indie/folk genre. The similarities between my own magazine and the others listed are the typical elements of a magazine such as a masthead, barcode and strap lines but also the features specified for the genre such as the font and language. The font used in my magazine and the current ones is a sans serif font, typically used to connote colloquialism and to appeal to younger audiences. The language mine and the other magazines have used is a chatty, informal style but as well as showing intelligence.

However, my media product shows some difference in style and content because it was an indie/folk magazine. This is shown through the colour scheme being quite neutral, laid-back colours as apposed to NME’s ,for example, bright red, black and white scheme.



No comments:

Post a Comment