Wednesday 13 January 2010

Audience Research

Below is a screen shot of my page on social networking site Facebook. Here I uploaded the image of my mood board and asked some questions relating to it to see if it is suitable for my target audience.




















These are the questions and responses:

Does this appeal to you, Why?

" Yes, it has lyrics from bands I like... and features logos of magazines I already read"
"It appeals to me... it is suited to teenagers because it has images like the Topshop, Myspace and WKD logos"

Would you read this magazine? All those asked said they would
"it looks interesting to read"

What would you want it to include?

"stuff about gigs and festivals and new music"
"a mixture of fashion, music and general issues"

What do you think about the fonts?

"I like the fonts because they are varied and interesting"
" really like the fonts at the bottom"

For an uptodate view of the mood board follow this link;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=4360862&id=727423277

Now that I have gathered this information, I will bear it in mind when I create rough drawings of my magazine which I intend to do next.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, explain how you're going to use this information, then you should start sketching/planning ideas for your contents page, cover and double page spread. Then you can ask for opinions from target audience members before getting on with your photoshoot and other production activities.

    Research and planning - this is not complete, since you still have to carry out planning activities. Make sure you finish everything on the ten point research and planning checklist, including any improvements I've suggested, by Friday 22nd Jan at the latest. I won't be able to give you a final research and planning grade until the whole project is over, and all my marking will have to be agreed by my colleagues, so this is just an indication of your mark for this section of the coursework rather than a final mark: at the moment, you are working at a high Level 3, around 15/20. Look at my comments on your posts for improvements.

    ReplyDelete